Wednesday, July 11, 2007

First stop Dakar

We just landed in Dakar, Senegal. There were a handful of people who got off the flight as they are staying here. I was hopeful that I would be able to get off the airplane and have a look around but they have security at the bottom of the stairs checking visas. Guess I was thinking I could just wander through the airport and buy some items but seems it's not like that
here.

The ground crew is changing out all the food and trash compartments and we are getting a new flight crew. One just walked by so I said "sir?" because the guy sitting next to me got off and left some trash. Duh. Like he knows what I'm saying. But it got his attention. If I'm really lucky, nobody else will get on and take the seat next to me for the next 8 hour flight installment.

Turns out Perry, Eric's boyfriend knows one the flight attendants so he told her to take care of me which was nice. As you can see by this email, I have blackberry service here so I can only assume to have service in South Africa. It will be nice to finally get there.