Friday, October 3, 2008

Bingo!......Make That Blackout

I just came to after having blacked out since our first day in Puerto Vallarta. It's October? Just how much did I drink??

A great time was had by all in PV.


Look up Chad. A bird wants to tell you something.

We had best intentions to write about our adventures each and every day. Instead I believe there was a little too much of this:


Thish doshen't taysht like issh got any tekwillia in it.

I shall give a (hopefully) short recap of events since December.

December '07 - Company Christmas Party in NYC
As usual, an affair to remember. Mostly because nobody remembers anything the next day. My colleague and I decided it was time to leave and I couldn't find my black coat in a sea of black coats. Fortunately I had several layers of vodka to keep me warm.

February - Traveling the UK
I spent a few weeks traveling in the UK for work. Of course some fun was worked into the mix. I landed in Manchester and spent a few days there in the Euro office that overlooks the Manchester United stadium. Next a colleague and I drove to Birmingham for another day of meetings there, after which I was dropped off at the rail station for a quick one hour train ride to London Waterloo station. It's called that because each member of Abba was born there. Six hours later, I arrived at my hotel cranky and wet.

The hotel was truly awful. The smoke alarm would go off without reason, the tv would turn on even though there wasn't a remote in the room (maintenance had to take off a part of the wall to unplug it because the plug was covered), the floor creaked more than grandma's fingers, the door wouldn't shut unless full body weight was applied, and the shower was so small I had to go in sideways. After the cleaning crew left my window open all day, I promptly checked out. Normally not a big deal, but my window opened up to the very busy sidewalk and there was no screen.

Spent some time with Forbes and two colleagues - Mario and Will.


Will, Mario, and me on the balcony of the Tate Modern Museum.

During the second week, my colleague Helen and I took the train to the district of Kent for meetings with clients. The area is called Sandwich (spoken as sammwich in those parts), and the town called Ham. We stayed at a B&B type of place called the Blazing Donkey. Can't make this stuff up.

As a thank you, one of the offices in London gave me tickets to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in the West End. The show was in revival after a reality program ran in the UK looking for the next lead to play Joseph. The winner was Lee Mead:

http://www.lee-mead.com

It doesn't get cuter than that. I was given two tickets and invited Craig's main squeeze, Ian, along after which he treated me to a very lovely meal at a restaurant whose maƮtre d' would pull the reading glasses down his nose and glare at you if you weren't wearing a tie.


Ian and me enjoying the view of the bartender taking our picture.

May - Wedding of the Century
Billy and Jon got hitched after living in sin for several years. Jesus finally stopped crying until they had sex again. They had a ceremony at the local gay church, a wonderful gay reception in their back yard, and then a group of us flew to gay Canada for a real gay wedding. It was indeed a gay time. We spent one night in Seattle and took the ferry to Canada.


Me in front of Pike's Market.


My best friend's big fat gay Canadian wedding.

June - Multiple Sclerosis Best Dam Bike Tour 2008
After months of fund-raising, including Drag Queen Bingo, Team Try-Angles rode the MS tour in Logan at the end of June. Between 13 of us, we raised over $12,000. We had special jerseys and everything. What a great weekend. So many hot guys in biker shorts.


Everyone knows whose team this team plays on.


Brandon, Steve, and me.

July
Hot. New York for a week.

August
Hot. Cabin trips and river rafting two weekends of the month.

September
Hot. The end.

October
Here we are again. I leave tomorrow for France and Croatia. Maggie is going with me which I'm really excited about. She'll get to tour Paris while I'm working and on Friday we'll fly to Dubrovnik where we'll spend six nights seeing how much trouble we can find. This is where we're staying in Dubrovnik:

http://www.dalmatia-villa.com/bor/index.php

More to come from the land of berets and....uhh.....Croatians.